Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yay!!!! He's Gone!! Woot woot!!!

The Tool left for Iraq by way of Texas yesterday, and I couldn't be more delighted. A blissful 10 months with no Tool or Cupcake drama loom ahead of me, and I am positiviely giddy with it! I hope Texas is sweltering and that he is cranky and miserable (he has about zero tolerance for heat), and I hope Iraq is worse. Muwah ha ha ha ha! (<-- evil laughter)

Of course, she-who-shall-not-be-named bawled like a baby, but my other two were just copacetic with the whole thing. The oldest was only concerned that he would be missing her 17th birthday, but when I assured her that he would either send her a present or some money, she was cool with that. After all the tears and drama from the one twin, I figured I'd better check on the other one, just to make sure she wasn't upset, too, but doing a better job of hiding it. It was bed time, and she was already laying down, reading, when I went into her room and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Are you OK?" I asked.

"Yup."

"Does it upset you that you're not going to see your dad for another 10 to 12 months?"

"No, not really."

So I asked, "Are you just saying that because you think it's what I want to hear?"

Her eyes dancing, she shook her head as she said, "Nope!"

So I said, "Are you kind of relieved that there will be a little less drama and stress in your life for awhile?"

"Yes!!"

I said, "OK - but you'll let me know if that changes, right?"

"Yes, Mommy," she agreed. "I will."

So I left it at that.

Earlier, when I had been talking to The Drama Queen (believe me, it is 100% worthy of capitalization!), I basically told her to remember that it was his choice, that he was doing something he'd been wanting to do for a long time, and that when you love someone, you have to be happy for them even when they are doing things that make you UNhappy, if those things are the "right" things for them to do. And, I told her to remember that so that she would know the impact her choices had on the people who loved her, too - the choices we make affect everyone around us, so it's even more important to make good ones.

I have a big, long post of saved up "bitches" about The Tool so you can appreciate how thrilled I am that he is finally out of my hair - even if it's just for a year. I am hoping that I'll be in a better place when he gets back and he won't be able to "get" to me so much. Rather than deluge you with all my gripes at once, though, I think I'll do them one at a time, for the next few days.

Here is bitch number one:

(coming soon....)

No comments: