Monday, July 13, 2009

Here It Is, At Last...

....Bitch #3:

So the ex is keeping the old marital home – at least for now, and according to Bretten, for the next three years or so (ugh!). It is exactly one block north from my current residence, is all. This is really nice for the kids, as 1) their dad is close – when he chooses to actually be a dad, that is, and 2) they didn’t have to give up all their old familiar things immediately upon us moving into the new place. Whenever he eventually sells (and I hope to God he is actually going to, and not live there for the rest of his natural life!), for the kids it will have been a more gradual distancing from it and the "old" family unit, to the new one.

The part I am bitching about now, though, is that - before they left for Iraq by way of Texas - ex and Cupcake like to go on walks. Holding hands. Looking like the bent-over, grizzled and gray old man he is, and the perky, annoyingly obnoxious redhead she is. That’s all fine and dandy. But MUST they take these walks on *my* street, past not only my house, but the houses of my parents and brother, as well? Apparently, the irony in this is lost on them. Despite the fact that there is plenty of neighborhood further west, north, and east of their place, they choose to come on the one road that is directly south of them, and that I (and some of my other family members) happen to live on. Very smooth. And thoughtful!! Did I say thoughtful?

I saw them walking up the street a week or two before they left, as I was coming down it after running a few errands. It was probably a good thing I wasn’t driving, or I may have ended up being under investigation for vehicular homicide right now. Grrr.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Whoa. I can't believe they are really doing that. I love the part about vehicular homicide. That thought probably would've crossed my mind too!