Thursday, July 9, 2009

As Promised....

....Bitch Number One:

My divorce was final about 10 days after the ex and I passed what would’ve been our 20th wedding anniversary. In retrospect, I am very glad that it took that long to get everything squared away, because as it turns out, I am now entitled to *full* military benefits at his retirement.

I wouldn’t have been eligible for these had we been married even 19 years and 364 days. But, that puts it into perspective why he was in such a damn hurry to get everything done, doesn’t it? Him being such a stand-up guy and all…thank goodness the attorney dragged his heels, ‘cause it turns out that the ex wasn’t able to cheat me out of something I didn’t even know I was entitled to, after all. But shame on him for trying.

On a completely unrelated note: I did it. I cut off all my hair and dyed it purple. And, I think I like it!! It is such a different look for me; I haven't had hair this short in 10 years or better. And I've never had it purple!

Here are some pics - but be warned that I took them myself, with a camera phone, and everyone knows (or should) how technologically retarded I am when it comes to A) cell phones, and B) cameras. But at least you get an idea:





2 comments:

Krystal said...

LOVE IT! It fits you perfectly!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You look sexy!!