Monday, August 25, 2008

"Will Make Faces For Food"

Most of my stories/moments so far have been about things that happened a while ago - sometimes a long while ago! However, just because Cydanie is older, doesn't mean she doesn't still come up with the occasional funny moment anymore.

Case in point: last week was hectic as I had relatives visiting from the east coast, the twins had "Cub Camp" in preparation for starting 7th grade (today!), and I have a big trial going on at work. Well, in order to get everyone where they needed to go last Thursday, I dropped Bretten and Mychael off at Cub Camp and left Cydanie home alone for a couple of hours. The plan was that my mom would pick Cyd up on her way to get the twins from the junior high, and then take all three of them down to Kim's place for the rest of the day. As I was going out the door, I was giving Cyd a bunch of last minute instructions: "If someone comes to the door, don't open it unless you know the person!" "No cooking on the stove or oven - microwave only!" "Don't forget to bring Bretty's stuff!" "Call Grandma if you need anything!" "Remember to put the dog in the laundry room before you leave!" and so on.

Well, I got home that evening and was quizzing Cyd on her day. "Did you remember to put the dog in the laundry room when you left?" I asked her.
"Yeah. And, I just gave her some food, too."
"You did, huh? Good job!"
"Yeah, she told me she was hungry, so I feed her."
At this point I am secretly smiling, but I maintain a straight face as I say, "She told you she was hungry?"
"Yeah."
"Hmmm...how did she do that?"
"Well, she made a face at me. So, I feed her."

Cracked me up! She gets very offended if you laugh at her, though, even when she's done something cute, so I had to struggle to keep the giggle in as I pictured our dog, a slightly chubby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Sarah, making faces at Cyd in exchange for weight-control formula Purina One.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That is a funny story! It would be hard to keep from smiling. Sounds like you had a very busy week. I can't believe Bretten and Mychael are in junior high and Cydanie is in high school! That makes me feel old. I can remember holding the twins at Aunt Pegge's when they were babies. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

How funny is this. Cyd really is funny with the things she comes up with sometimes! I learned this summer that the things she says are not funny, and that nothing of hers is "cute". But, this really is cute and funny! I would love to be a fly on the wall when this all took place just to hear what Cyd may have said to Sarah. I agree with Krys that it is hard to believe your girls are Jr. High and High school age. Holy crap, I've been around a long time. I will miss the girls being at Kim's house because my kids, Lily especially, loved going over when they were there. McDonalds was best with Bretten & Mykie because they climed around the play-place with the kids! All three of your girls are awesome. They are each so unique, I love being around them. Love you lady, hope your week is happy.